This one is definitely a treat and definitely a favourite. The rich shortbread together with the sweet caramel and yummy chocolate always has fingers – little and adult alike – reaching for more.
- 170g flour
- 30g sugar
- 115g softened butter
- 115g butter
- 115g brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 1 small tin of evaporated milk
- 0.5 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 225g chocolate
- Grease 8” square baking tin.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Using a food mixer, combine the flour, sugar and butter to form a ball.
- Press dough into the tin and even out.
- Cook at 180C for 15 minutes, until light brown.
- Melt butter over a medium heat.
- Add sugar, Golden Syrup and evaporated milk.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all of the time.
- Boil gently for 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Pour onto base and allow to cool.
- Once the base and filling are cooled, melt chocolate and spread over the top.
- Allow to cool and set before cutting into squares.