There is no denying it – this recipe is a treat! Soft, chocolatey brownie topped with thick chocolate icing makes this recipe a firm family favourite. I like to bake it for special celebrations, or as a reward at the end of a long hike.
- 55g cocoa powder
- 5-6 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 eggs
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 85g butter
- 85g plain flour
- 0.5 tsps. baking powder
- 55g butter
- 85g icing sugar
- 55g melted chocolate
Preheat the oven to 180C.
Line an 8” square tin.
- Mix cocoa with hot water in order to form a paste.
- Mix eggs, brown sugar and butter in a mixer for 45 seconds.
- Add chocolate paste and mix to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and mix for about 15 seconds.
- Pour into tin and bake for 15-20 minutes
- Mix butter and icing sugar in a mixer.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread icing on top of the cake.
Be sure to step back and admire the finished product with this one because as soon as you release into the wild it will be reduced to crumbs in seconds!