These lemon and lime bars are filled with fresh citrusy zest that will have everyone in your family asking for more. With just six ingredients, these bars are simple to make and they are a great treat for children to help out with.
- 230g unsalted butter
- 100g sugar
- 250g flour
For the lemon and lime layer
- 300g sugar
- 30g flour
- 4 eggs
- Zest of one lime
- Zest of one lemon
- 170ml of lemon and lime juice
Line and grease a 9x13inch baking pan.
Preheat the oven to 170C.
Blend the butter and sugar together using a food processor or a pastry cutter. 2. Press the mixture into the bottom on the baking pan. 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the base is light brown in colour.
Lemon and lime layer
- Whisk together sugar, flour, eggs, zest and juice until the sugar is dissolved and the ingredients are well combined.
- Allow the topping to rest for ten minutes before whisking again.
- Pour onto base.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until the top is slightly browned and has set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.