Bourbon biscuits are British classics. They aresynonymous with a cup of tea and perhaps some good old British sympathy. They are moreish and will definitely be a hit with your family, just like they are with mine.
Preheat the oven to 175° C
A biscuit baking tray
170g plain flour
60g custard powder
30g cocoa powder
120g icing sugar
2tbsp cocoa powder
A few drops of milk
- Mix custard powder, plain flour and cocoa.
- Cream butter and sugar, then mix in egg.
- Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inch thick and cut into fingers.
- Place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, turning halfway through baking time.
- Place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Mix the filling ingredients together until you have a stiff buttercream. Use a few drops of milk to make filling pliable.
- Place teaspoon of filling on half of the biscuit fingers.
- Sandwich the biscuits together.
These biscuits are great for walks, a trip to the park or as a teatime treat. They taste great, and look even better if you buy a Bourbon biscuit stamp to put the iconic name on the biscuits.