I couldn’t make a list of biscuits without including the fabulous and traditional chocolate chip cookies that we all love. This is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe that makes perfect soft cookies that everyone will love. The great thing about cookies is that you can adapt them to meet your tastes. So, see this recipe as a starting point and feel free to experiment with your favourite flavours and chocolates.
Preheat the oven to 170° C
Line a baking sheet.
- 150g soft butter
- 160g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Mix in vanilla extract and egg.
- Add flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt, mix well.
- Add in chocolate chips and combine.
- Place small scoops of mixture onto baking tray,leaving space for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are starting to brown.
- Allow to cool before lifting off the baking tray and onto a cooling rack.