Preheat the oven to 160° C
A biscuit baking tray
- 175g flour
- 100g cold butter, cubed
- 335g icing sugar
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 110g berry jam
- 60g chopped glace cherries
- Place the butter, flour, 85g icing sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolks into a food processor and combine.
- Knead the dough in order to bring it together.
- Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to chill.
- Roll out the dough to 3mm in thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough into rounds – you don’tneed to be too fussy about the size, but you do need them all the same size, and an equal number of them.
- Bake the rounds for 10-12 minutes, or until starting to brown at the edges.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- Mix the remaining icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to form a paste.
- Use the paste to top half of the cooled biscuits, and top with the cherries.
- Spread the remaining biscuits with jam.
- Sandwich the biscuit together.