Do you have less time in the morning to prepare breakfast? Are you feeling lazy in the morning and do not want to spend a long time preparing breakfast? Do you have to prepare breakfast for you and your children in the morning?
Don’t worry. Here are some best breakfast recipes that you can make to save your time in the morning.
1. Flax and blueberry vanilla oats
This breakfast recipe is yummy, super filling, and super healthy. Oats are great for health as it helps in lowering down the LDL cholesterol level and maintaining a healthy weight. Blueberries are also great for health, and flaxseeds provide omega-3 to the body.
- Half cup quick oats or rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water
- Half cup low-fat vanilla yoghurt
- Flaxmeal – 1 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- Blueberries, brown sugar, and other goodies for topping
- Take a food container and add all the ingredients except topping. Do not stir and refrigerate it overnight.
- The next morning, stir the mixture well. The oats should be soft, and the mixture should be thick. Add the topping and enjoy the breakfast.
2. Banana Coconut smoothie
It is also a healthy morning smoothie perfect for breakfast. Though this smoothie contains fats, these are healthy fats because we are using almond or coconut milk. The smoothie is perfect to beat the heat and is full of minerals and vitamins.
- Banana (2 frozen)
- Coconut milk or almond/cashew milk (half cup)
- Ice (1 cup)
- Brown sugar (if needed add ½ tbsp)
- Put banana, milk, and sugar into the blender and blend it until smooth.
- Pour into the glass and add toppings of your choice such as sliced bananas, leftover raw cookies, shredded coconut, granola, etc.
3. Mango Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are a blessing for all because chia seeds are high in fibre, protein, and healthy omega-3 fats. The delicious chia seed pudding is enjoyable at any time of day, but it is great to add it as breakfast to kick start your morning with something super healthy and delicious.
- Chia seeds (4 tbsp)
- Almond milk (2 tbsp)
- Coconut milk (half cup)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Mango (1 whole diced)
- Fresh ginger (1/2 inch minced)
- Fresh raspberries, sliced kiwi, fresh mint, shredded coconut for topping
- Soak minced ginger and chia seed with almond and coconut milk and vanilla extract for at least 1 hour. Stir it occasionally until gel forms.
- You can make chia seed pudding thicker by adding less liquid or thinner by adding more liquid.
- Pour the chia seed pudding into two glasses and top with diced mango and other topping material.
- Enjoy the mango chia pudding chilled or at room temperature.
4. Cinnamon yoghurt with crushed walnuts and cacao
It is a great recipe for breakfast as it keeps down LDL cholesterol levels. It keeps the blood sugar levels low and boosts memory and brain functioning.
- Whole plain yoghurt (1 cup)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 tsp)
- Maple syrup (2 tsp)
- Raw cacao nibs (1 tbsp)
- Cinnamon powder (1/2 tsp to ¼ according to your choice)
- Take a bowl and add yoghurt and cacao nibs. Add some crushed walnuts and cinnamon powder on top—drizzle maple syrup.
- Mix all the ingredients and enjoy the breakfast.
5. Poached egg and avocado toast
Poached eggs and avocado are famous breakfast recipes because they combine protein, fibre, and healthy fats. This breakfast recipe is super healthy, filling, and full of healthy nutrition. Avocados are full of fibre, potassium, folate, and heart-healthy fats.
- Eggs (2 medium sizes)
- Wholegrain bread (2 slices)
- Avocado (1/3) You can add half if you like avocado
- Parmesan cheese (2 tbsp)
- Pepper and salt for topping
- Fresh herbs (parsley or basil) for topping
- Heirloom tomatoes for serving
- Take a pot with water and bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Take a spoon and start stirring water in a circular motion.
- When water starts swirling like a tornado, add the eggs.
- The swirling water keeps the egg white and yolk in perfect shape.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and take out the eggs.
- After poaching eggs, toast the bread slices and spread the smashed avocado on each slice.
- Place the poached eggs on the slices and sprinkle herbs, salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Serve with fresh heirloom tomatoes.