Try some super smoothies to keep your immune system fighting fit this winter.
Now winter is truly upon us, it’s cold and dark and our bodies can start to feel the effects. This time of year is known for indulgence, with christmas parties, festive drinks and snacks galore, try some of our smoothie recipes to get a boost in vitamins and minerals to keep you fighting fit.
Eating greens is undoubtedly good for us. Getting them in can be tricky. This smoothie recipe is packed full of them, along with tasty fruits and natural yoghurt. It will really set you up for the day.
- Serves 2
- 150ml Natural Yogurt
- 150g Spinach
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Banana
- A squeeze of Honey
- Remove the core from the apple, you can remove the peel but if your blender is powerful, this isn’t necessary; the peel is full of nutrients.
- Peel the banana
- Add into your blender with the remaining ingredients and then top up to the desired level with water.
- Blend until smooth and taste to check if its sweet enough for your liking.
- Serve in a tall glass and drink straight away.
Sunshine in a glass
This is, as its name suggests, like drinking sunshine in a glass. It’s fruity and full of vitamins. It will transport you to a summers day and chase away the dark, chilly winter.
- 500ml Orange juice
- 1 Mango (tinned and drained is fine)
- 1 tin pineapple (drained)
- 2 Bananas
- Squeeze of lime juice.
- Prepare your mango either take the skin off a fresh one and cut into cubes or drain a tin of mango and add to blender
- Prepare the pineapple by draining the juice from the tin and add to the blender
- Break in the peeled bananas
- Pour in the orange juice and the lime juice
- Blend until smooth, pour into 4 glasses and drink straight away.
- 2 Bananas
- 300g Mixed berries (Blackberries, Strawberries, Blueberries or Raspberries)
- 1tsp Ginger (Fresh and grated or finely chopped)
- Apple Juice 500ml
- Honey (Optional)
- Grate or finely chop the ginger and add to the blender
- Add in all other ingredients apart from the honey and blend until smooth
- Taste for sweetness and add in a tsp of honey if necessary
- Pour into glasses and enjoy straight away.
These recipes are a really easy way to make sure you’re getting plenty of the good stuff! You can of course try blending your own combinations of fruits, vegetables and juices or milks to make your own super smoothie. Adding oats, nut butters, seeds and powdered vitamins compounds will boost them even further. Have a go and let us know what you discover.